[OPE-L:2591] Re: Re: Re: Re: class demarcation

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 08:58:57 EST

Ernesto,

>From this and other postings of yours I think we basically agree, but may
have differences on the "finer" points. I'm not trying to push anything,
but while I also came to the conclusion that the Soviet Union was
capitalist ("The Development of State Capitalism in the Soviet System",
*RiPE*, Vol. 13, 1992) I found that the issue is not a "yes" or "no" but
rather the trend (which I'm not precisely defining here).

I would agree that "accumulation of capital" is heavily involved in the
issue, but I may pose the issue of what that would be rather differently
than yourself. I'm not on sure footing, however, because I would need
more elaboration of your position first.

Paul

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka