[OPE-L:3078] Re: Re: Jerry, Don't be Aghast!!!

From: Patrick L. Mason (pmason@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 20:40:31 EDT

My only point is that most people (indeed, most academics) aren't going to
read 1 volume of capital, let alone all three. Any summary is incomplete.
Some are better/worst than others. If one is in a conversation with someone
who's interested in understanding capital, then it would be helpful to have
a usable summary. Summaries also help adherents of a particular perspective
understand what it is that they have in common. I am happy to note that you
agreed with my more complex summary, with suitable modifications of your
own. (Finally, in my summary irrational = crisis prone).

peace, patrick l mason