[OPE-L:4142] Re: Part Two of Volume III of Capital

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 09:55:30 EDT

In OPE-L 4099, Duncan wrote (in part):

"I had occasion this weekend to re-read Part Two of Volume III of Capital
.... I didn't see much positive evidence that Marx was a temporalist."

I did a quick count of Chapter 9 (Vintage ed.).

The capital on which the rate of profit is formed is referred to as the

CAPITAL APPLIED:  5 TIMES

CAPITAL ADVANCED:  9 TIMES

CAPITAL INVESTED:  12 TIMES

The capital on which the rate of profit is formed is referred to as the

REPLACEMENT COST OF THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION:  0 TIMES

Temporalism 26, Simultaneism 0.

Maybe I'll count references to cost-price next.

Andrew Kliman