[OPE-L:4582] Rate of profit or the RRI?

From: P.J.Wells@open.ac.uk
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 14:39:42 EST

John Ernst wrote [OPE-L:4577]

 things
I don't get.

1.  Is the rate of profit or the RRI equal in all sectors after the
transformation?

John, by RRI are you referring to the rate of return on each *chunk* of
investment, as distinguished from the rate of profit calculated over all
capital (I think this is the usual usage?).

I have to say that it's never occurred to me that Marx might have had in
mind equalisation of the RRI, and I don't think I've ever read anything by
anyone who appeared to think this.

Would you like to enlarge on what prompted your question?

Julian