[OPE-L:7348] Re: Monopoly Capital and value theory

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 10:51:58 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Bellamy Foster" <jfoster@oregon.uoregon.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: Monopoly Capital and value theory

 Dear Jerry,

 You ask:

 "My *question*  re _Monopoly Capital_ is the following: since the argument
there was presented without value theory and categories, is value theory
essential or redundant from the perspective of the authors?"

 My answer is that MONOPOLY CAPITAL was not written without value theory,
that value theory permeates the entire analysis. The very use of the term
"surplus" had to do with maintaining the integrity of the concept of
surplus value as much as anything else. I explained this in great detail in
THE THEORY OF MONOPOLY CAPITALISM. Now if you are looking for mere words...

 Fraternally, John