(OPE-L) Re: Jobs in London

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 17:27:53 EST

Tony S and Riccardo:  Hey, if it were up to me (which, of course,
it isn't), I'd hire you both.  Gosh, what a great school we could make
if we pooled all (or even a lot) of the talent on this list!  If only there
was the money and enough interested students ....

As for Riccardo not having a PhD -- which I confess I don't have
either  (like so many from the New School I remained "ABD"; of
course, I'd gladly accept any honorary degrees, if anyone
out there has any pull) --  why should _Marxists_  care about who
has what degree?  I know _schools_ care, but why should we (aside
from the pragmatic perspective of how to get better paid
jobs in the academic market for labour-power)?

In solidarity, Jerry

PS to Michael -- or is it Mike? -- W:  you are quite right -- there are
(far!) worse ways to go.  Btw,  do you prefer to be called Michael
or Mike?  I've been referring to you for years as Mike W,  but now
I'm not so sure  if that's what you want to be called.   I offer my
apologies if I've been getting it wrong all these years.