Re: [OPE-L] New Book on Marx's Labor Theory of Value

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 02:11:21 EDT

In the message forwarded by Hans,
Roy West <roywestjp@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> The core of the book is the
> first chapter, which introduces Marx's labor theory of
> value by means of closely examining the first three chapters
> (part one) of Capital and also critically examining the
> ideas of those who have rejected Marx's theory (such as
> Bohm-Bawkerk and the Japanese "Marxist" Uno Kozo.)

To write that Uno rejected Marx's theory and to, in
effect, question whether he was a Marxist (by writing
"Marxist" Uno Kozo rather than Marxist Uno Kozo)
is telling -- about West, I think.   Hopefully, this is not
a reflection on the Marxist Hayashi Hiroyoshi (note that
West when referring to Hiroyoshi referred to him as a
Marxist but referred to Uno as a "Marxist").

In solidarity,  Jerry