Re: [OPE-L] Whither libraries?

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 10:40:52 EST

What do both of you mean, more precisely?  We haven't yet faced major
problems with independent emailing and websites so there remains a real
democratic potential and practice.

Are you claiming that these avenue will so close?  Paul

--On Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:22 AM -0500 Jerry Levy
<Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM> wrote:

>> Generally, Marx believed that capitalism developed human potential in an
>> inverted or self-contradictory form. Thus, also in communication, the
>> more it is technically possible to send and receive messages anywhere
>> around the globe, the more restrictions are imposed on messaging by
>> commercial principles, and the more communication flows are shaped by
>> commercial principles.
>
> Hi Jurriaan,
>
> While a little bit off-topic, let me add that this  view seems to conform
> quite well to the experience of the evolution of the Internet.
>
> In solidarity, Jerry

RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY,  Paul Zarembka, editor, Elsevier Science
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka