Re: [OPE-L] Marx on the 'maximum rate of profit'

From: Paul Cooney (pcooney@GLOVESOFF.ORG)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 18:20:58 EDT

Although I havenīt followed this whole thread, in my opinion, the maximum rate
of profit, defined as S/C, derived from V=0, is a limit to a particular
mathematical expression of the rate of profit, namely the rate of profit= f(v)
and does not reflect an historical tendency, though it is not a mathematical
tautology, as it clearly contrasts with the idea of the maximum rate of profit
being infinite.

Paul Cooney