[OPE-L] The Antichrist

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 13:13:44 EDT

Well Jerry to start off with, Kliman is boasting. He is not nearly as good
as the Antichrist. In New Zealand they would say, "get off the grass". In
reality Kliman's back with v=0.

What I said to Prof. Laibman is, your time is valuable, and don't waste it
on polemics with Kliman that go nowhere anyway.

What I would like to know is where I can find Fred's argument that "that the
Kliman-McGlone perspective on the transformation is *in reality* an
attempted
*correction* of Marx". It must be in the time I wasn't on OPE-L. I suppose I
can track it down in the list archive, but it's quicker if you give me a
clue.

Fred usually has a very careful reading of Marx (unlike many other
anglo-saxon Marx-scholars) and therefore you always benefit from his writing
in some way (even if I disagree on some issues, like PUPL). One way of
putting it is, that Fred wants to be Marx's friend, whereas Kliman wants
Marx to be his friend.

Poor old Marx. Had he known what people did with his idea, he would have
rolled over in his grave so many times there would be nothing left but
something resembling a snooker cue.

Jurriaan