Re: [OPE-L] models with unequal turnover periods

From: Fred Moseley (fmoseley@MTHOLYOKE.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 22:38:43 EDT

Quoting Paul Cockshott <wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK>:

> The standard way is to use a stock matrix as well as flow matrix, if you have
> that you can ignore turnover period since the information in it is encoded
> in the combination of the two matrices.

Hi Paul, I am not talking about unequal turnover periods between fixed
capital and circulating capital (although that is also a big problem in
Sraffian theory, dealt with by the dubious method of treating fixed
capital as "joint products".)  Rather, I am talking about unequal
turnover perods of circulating capital across industries.  This is what
Sraffian theory cannot incorporate, for reasons I explained in my last
message (and copied below).

Comradely,
Fred

P.S.  Please send me a reference or two that present the "standard way"
that you mention.  Thanks.