Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus?

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 14:08:39 EDT

 [Since most of my own work is about how
> capitalism actually works, engaging with the TSSI is singularly
> frustrating.]

Simon,
I think this underestimates the importance of not only your theoretical
work (entries to Dictionary of Marxist thought, provocative and often
profound piece on money), it also understimates the importance of  the
empirical work of Freeman (contribution to quantitative marxism, critique
of Brenner, general empirical overview work) and Carchedi (two books,
several articles).
I do think however that both you and TSSI may have missed the importance
of the philosophical work of Ilyenkov...
Yours, Rakesh