RE: [OPE] Valuations, the Austrians and Kantorovich reply to Alejandro

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 14:16:39 EST

> The way out of these conundrums, I personally think, is NOT to take the concept of production prices for granted, as Marxists do, but rather to > problematize this concept, to recognize that it is NOT an obvious notion (contrary to Fred Moseley's literalism etc.).

Hi Jurriaan:

I agree, but with a caveat. In Fred's macro monetary "given"
interpretation, he _has_   problematized the concept.  It becomes
problematic in his perspective because one is led to ask - at more
concrete levels off abstraction:  what happens to the theory when the
magnitudes and variables which were taken as "given" no
longer are?