RE: [OPE] Marx and Darwin: A Myth Exposed

From: GERALD LEVY (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 13:32:40 EST

>  Hey, I'm glad to have one of my old myths debunked. But it says something, >  doesn't it, that a group calling itself "Friends of Charles Darwin" would >  be anxious to bust this particular myth! From my point of view, any *true* >  friend of Darwin would be sorry to see it go!

Hi David:

The anonymous member of the "Friends of Charles Darwin" who wrote the page,http://darwin.gruts.com/articles/2000/marx/, _was_ sorry to see it go.  This
is how the page concluded:

          "I must admit to having experienced a certain degree of
           disappointment on learning that the famous *Das Kapital*
           dedication chestnut was a myth. On reflection, however,
           I like to think that Darwin would have approved of the
           sort of reasoning that questioned a cherished long-standing
           belief and of the search for literary *missing links* that
           eventually led to the truth. That's what science and
           historical research are all about".

I think Marx would have concurred with that.