[OPE] Bernanke's Bubble Laboratory

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@tiscali.nl)
Date: Sun May 25 2008 - 14:51:53 EDT

The US Department of Commerce does collect data on assets leased by business, but I haven't been able so far to track down reports online providing details about this. Most probably, the data is not very accurate since it is notorously difficult to measure the value of capital assets reliably. In addition, the economic survey questionnaires are often not of very high quality, which means that considerable response error will occur. In other respects your comments are probably correct. I am not sure yet if separate nationwide data exists on building leases.

Jurriaan

PS - where did Marx predict "the demise of the global peasantry" as Bello claims ?