Re: [OPE] replacement cost and historical cost (again)

From: Paul Bullock <paulbullock@ebms-ltd.co.uk>
Date: Thu Sep 03 2009 - 04:46:09 EDT

Ian,

I think one can say that the simple conception B allows us to understand/ is
a step towards understanding/ that conception A is the dynamic reality, ie
how the law of value is active day to day. It is a reflection of Marx's
method of 'reconstruction' of an understanding of reality, it is not a
question of using both in the sense that both are concretely true, but that
that your B precedes A logically so that the law of value is shown to work
itself out, ie that the law of value can be proved to exert an historically
determinate role as long as current class relations continue as they are.

Paul B.