[OPE] New web page from Venezuela in English

From: <glevy@pratt.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 23 2010 - 09:29:14 EDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New web page from
Venezuela in English
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:53:55 -0400
From: Eva Golinger <evagolinger@hotmail.com>
To:
<evagolinger@gmail.com>

Dear friends:

Elections are coming once again in Venezuela this Sunday, and as
usual,
most international media (and English-language media) have
nothing
positive to say about all the many interesting and exciting
things
taking place here. The majority of information in English
circulating in
cyberspace about Venezuela is negative, distorted,
often completely
false and intentionally damaging. While we can't
change what they say,
we can provide true and accurate information,
from the ground here in
Venezuela, direct from Venezuelan sources
and voices.

In January we launched our first (and only!)
English-language newspaper
from Venezuela, the Correo del Orinoco
International, which circulates
in print and digitally every Friday.
We hope the newspaper is making a
dent in the battle against
disinformation about Venezuela. However, due
to its limited formats
in print, readable online and downloadable in
PDF, many of you have
asked for a way to get articles in web format so
you can
re-circulate them. So, instead of depending on bureaucracy to
eventually finish the design of an English-language website, I've humbly

put one up and plan to use it to publish all of the Correo del
Orinoco
International's articles as well as those from our sister
agency,
Venezuelan News Agency, which is also publishing a select
amount of news
in English.

So, I'm pleased to launch
this new site: http://www.venezuelaenglish.com
and an
accompanying Twitter: @VenezuelaEng

The site will
have updates on Sunday's elections throughout the day, so
stay
tuned!

Through VenezuelaEnglish.com, you will be able to
access all the news
and articles we print in the Correo del Orinoco
International, and other
interesting news from Venezuela. I hope
this will be a valuable source
of information about Venezuela for
all of you. Please excuse any errors
or the simplicity of the site.
I am no design expert nor have much spare
time to invest in making
the super website we'd all love to have!

VenezuelaEnglish.com
will be mainly news and information from and about
Venezuela in
English. For opinion and analysis, I will continue my blog
at:
www.chavezcode.com and my personal Twitter: @evagolinger.com

welcome your suggestions and happy reading!

Eva Golinger

Editor-in-Chief
Correo del Orinoco International
Twitter: @evagolinger