[OPE-L:1969] Use-value & Exchange-Value

glevy@acnet.pratt.edu (glevy@acnet.pratt.edu)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 00:14:52 -0700

Steve K in [OPE-L:1965] wrote:

> I'll hold off on elaborating this until I get a few responses on
> whether my starting point--the exchange-value/use-value dialectic--
> is accepted by OPE members as one of Marx's starting points.

I'll take a mini-bite: I accept the suggestion that the dialectic between
use-value and the value-form is central to Marx's theory.

*However*, I suggest - in order to save us all long and tedious iterations,
corrections, and misunderstandings - that you present the *whole* of your
interpretation (in the spirit of "cards on the table").

BTW, what happened at the "recent circulationist conference" in France?

In OPE-L Solidarity,

Jerry