[OPE-L:3548] Re: Problems in TSS

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:45:11 -0800 (PST)

John wrote in [OPE-L:3539]:

> What concerns me is that
> the TSS framework does not seem to allow
> for the divergence between a commodity's
> individual value and its social value.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. I thought that the
distinction between individual value and social value plays a role within
Alan's and Mino's TSS perspectives (and I suspect that is also the case
for Paolo, Andrew and Ted -- but I'm not sure). [Of course, Alan, Andrew
and Ted should correct me if I am mistaken].

You seem to be suggesting above that it is the TSS "framework" itself
which does not allow for that divergence. Why is that the case? It might
be helpful if you could explain by referring to particular articles and/or
books.

In Solidarity,

Jerry