[OPE-L:6358] Re: (Monopoly) Rates of Profit?

Chai-on Lee (conlee@chonnam.chonnam.ac.kr)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 13:32:56 +0900

At 08:40 ¿ÀÈÄ 98-03-24 -0500, Allin wrote:

>Yes. MS's monopoly is not a source of surplus value; it effects
>a redistribution of sv.

Chai-on: Well, if the MS programme contributes to the reduction of the
unproductive cost of the economy, e.g. the bookeeping costs, personnel
management costs, etc. MS's profit does not reduce but increases the
surplus value that is left for the other capitalists. Presuming that the
capitalists and others are reasonable enough to use the programme only when
it contributes to the reduction of the productive and unproductive costs.

Yours,

PS: Sorry to have been away for long time. BTW how is the system so
different? One is from [ope-l], the other is from just another?

Chai-on