[OPE-L:7462] [OPE-L:996] Re: online journal

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Thu, 20 May 1999 05:23:13 -0400 (EDT)

From: Asfilho@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 04:10:14 EDT

Dear all,

I agree with Jerry that we should start preparatory work for the journal.
However, it would be important to keep the channels of debate continually
open, so that the different ideas (eg, Mike Lebowitz's excellent suggestion
about the character of the journal) can be properly discussed. One of the key
problems, in my view, is how to tap on the enormous amount of expertise in
OPE-L in order to produce a high-quality journal.

Two areas seem particularly problematic, the operational side (sites, design,
etc) and the editorial policy. Perhaps, in line with Jerry's suggestion,
people should volunteer to outline alternatives in both areas?

alfredo.