[OPE-L:2061] Re: Re: Re: Re: gold

From: coslap@aueb.gr
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 12:51:55 EST

I have a question on this. If the gold industry is subject to profit rate
equalisation (as I agree that we must assume), how will this happen without
resorting to the quantity theory of money? Profit rate equalisation relies
on, say, increased supply driving own price down and bringing the rate of
profit down to the average. For gold, that means increased quantity driving
other prices up (own price being one). That's the quantity theory.

Am I right in thinking that Duncan would probably rely on speculation to
resolve this one?

Cheers

Costas