[OPE-L:2151] Re: Re: Re: Re: markets and reproduction

From: Jurriaan Bendien (djjb99@worldonline.nl)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 08:54:54 EST

>> Do I understand you to mean, then, that workers' collectives in industry
>> would be capitalist--- even in the absence of wage-labour-- if they
>> purchase inputs on the market and sell their outputs there as well?
>
>Yes.

Imo it could be capitalist production, simple commodity production, or
partial commodity production depending on the socio-economic framework in
which it took place, and the economic motive for production. A modern
virtual corporation is still capitalist, even if it does not itself employ
any wage labour but only independent operators, in the sense of being
dependent (parasitic on) on a mode of production with wage labour, in order
to obtain its profits

In solidarity

Jurriaan