[OPE-L:2203] Re: kornai's death?

From: Steve Keen (s.keen@uws.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 19:22:00 EST

You're right mate--I misread the second article to turn up in my search:

2. Kornai, J. In Memoriam: Tamas Liptak.. Acta Oeconomica. Vol. 49 (3-4). p
461-63. 1997-98

It was an obituary, all right, but written BY Janos, not about him!

Grin :-) ; I might copy this reply to OPE too. Looks like I've done a Mark
Twain! If I bump into Janos at a conference and someone ribs me about
this... I suppose it's me own bloody fault!

I think I'll go and have lunch now... My cognition must be suffering from
yesterday's very heavy night on the town!

Cheers all,
Steve
At 12:53 PM 1/17/00 -0800, you wrote:
>At 06:43 AM 1/18/2000 +1100, you wrote:
>>However that's only the tip of the iceberg of the work he did on the
>>subject. I decided to search Econlit for the whole kaboodle, and found out
>>in the process that he has recently died. Partly in tribute to a
>>significant progressive intellectual, I have reproduced all his references
>>on this topic at the bottom of this message. The key early papers were
>>written as long ago as 1976.
>>

>Hi steve,
> I appreciated the references (and have much respect for his work), but are
>you certain he died? I haven't seen any references to that and didn't pick
>up anything from a web search. If it's true, I'm very sorry to hear that.
>
> regards,
> mike
>Michael A. Lebowitz
>Economics Department