[OPE-L:2252] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: value-form theories

From: riccardo bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 06:42:25 EST

Mike,

        this post needs a 'true' answer. I take it in my files, and hope to
return to it later. You may be surprised, or happy, by the fact that I
found in Sraffa papers in Cambridge a phrase very similar to your 'the
essence is the system!', referred to labour as the substance of value in
Marx. In a sense, we agree because I have a notion of capitalist labour as
abstraction in motion, going on from labour market (labour power as
abstract labour), production (living labour as abstract labour), commodity
exchange (dead labour as abstract labour, and money as the value-form). All
these must have some quantitative (not only monetary) counterpart. Have you
read my paper with Finelli, the one on the transformation from the EEA
conference, and the paper on Napoleoni? There's something more about all
this stuff.

        Riccardo Bellofiore
Office: Department of Economics
        Piazza Rosate, 2