[OPE-L:2306] Re: Who are the Non-Marxists?

From: Gerald Levy (glevy@PRATT.EDU)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 20:16:43 EST

Re Chris's [OPE-L:2305]:

> I do not care one way or the other about such a line.

Excellent. Neither do I. Indeed, I think that an attempt to draw a line in
the sand between Marxists who differ with Marx and "unmarxists" who claim
to be Marxists is arbitrary, subjective, and dangerous politically (in
the sense that it tends towards sectarianism, elitism, and dogmatism).
Thank you for your clarification.

I had hoped that your use of "unmarxist" was a kind of slippage. I am
pleased that was the case.

In solidarity, Jerry