[OPE-L:2349] Re: Re: Carpe diem!

From: David Laibman (SCSJJ@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 12:23:31 EST

Dear Hugo R., and OPE-Lers,
     Hugo's call for discussion of globalization issues prompts me
to announce an article by William I. Robinson and Jerry Harris,
"Globalization and the Transnational Capitalist Class" (inexact
title), which will appear in the Spring issue of *Science & Society.*
The article is a major intervention in this debate, and puts forward
a serious proposal for evidence for the progressive transnationalization
of class power (as distinct from internationalization). We are calling
for contributions to a symposium/debate on the subject, for a future
issue of the journal. So while OPE participants let loose on the
subject electronically, think about joining the print version. Details,
and advance copies of the article, to anyone requesting them. . .
      In solidarity,

     David Laibman
     Editor, Science & Society
     John Jay College, Rm. 4331