[OPE-L:2406] Re: Re: the employment contract and capitalism

From: riccardo bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 06:36:30 EST

Ernesto there are two ways out of your paradox (two ways that to me are
only one):

(i) no exploitation in the Marxian sense if you starts from prices of
production; to have exploitation you must reason with the labour theory of
value;

(ii) perfect equilibrium with no profits is a circular flow which is
definitely not capitalism; this circular flow is regularly broken by
innovation, and innovation is driven by class struggle at the point of
production.

The two ways out are one because the important point of the LTV is not to
deduce prices of production, but to ground innovation in a macro-micro
class based theory of innovation.

comradely

riccardo

P.S.: this is not out of the debate. The LTV *is* the distinction between
labour-power and living labour. No surprise if in your way of framing Marx
a lot of problems arise.

P.P.S.: this has nothing to do with assuming that Marx was always right.

        Riccardo Bellofiore
Office: Department of Economics
        Piazza Rosate, 2
        I-24129 Bergamo, Italy