[OPE-L:2462] David Yaffe's velocitometer

From: Gerald Levy (glevy@PRATT.EDU)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 18:34:25 EST

I received the following from David Yaffe who sets the record straight
concerning the "velocitometer"./In solidarity, Jerry
From: SMTP%"dashyaf@easynet.co.uk" 27-FEB-2000 10:43:37.12
Subj: velocitometer

GLevy,

I was playing about with a search engine www.37.com which someone had
recommended - using egoistically my own name to see how effective it was -
when I came across your correspondence with Allin concerning a
velocitometer. I actually wrote to the Guardian Weekend re the article and
had a letter printed in the next issue. It read:

Dear Editor,

I regret to inform Guardian readers that my velocitometer disintegrated
during the October 1987 stockmarket crash.(Licence to rile, Guardian Weekend
15 May 1999 p35)

Since, however, this leads me to believe that my theories are firmly based,
I am looking for resources and other gullible nutcases to rebuild it.

Yours faithfully,

David Yaffe

Revolutionary Communist Group
BCM Box 5909
London WC1N 3XX
Tel 0171 837 1688

I think the point is clear - Andy Beckett would never tell me who gave him
the information which I believe was seriously put to him and was not ironic.
What has the world come to!

Anyway if you are interested http://www.rcgfrfi.easynet.co.uk has
interesting material written over a number of years.

David Yaffe