[OPE-L:2606] Searching for "fetish" and "alienat*" in *Capital*, Vol. 1

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 18:06:01 EST

FETISH*:

I did a search of *Capital*, Vol. 1. "Fetish" and "fetishism" ONLY
appears in that ONE 12-page section of Chapter 1 (other than in Chapter 3,
"the hoarder, therefore, makes a sacrifice of the lusts of the flesh to
his gold fetish"). How can one make "fetish" THE category of Marx's work,
in the face of this evidence?!

ALIENAT*:

By clicking on the http below one can obtain all references to
"alienate", "alienation", "alientated", and "alienates" within *Capital*,
Vol. 1. Excluding the three usages by Engels in a synopsis, the body of
Vol. 1 has 24 references. Excluding three in Part 8 which uses the word
in the different sense, we are left with 21 as follows:

    2 times: Chapter 2, Exchange
  10 times: Chapter 3, Money, or the Circulation of Commodities
   4 times: Chapter 6, The Buying and Selling of Labor Power
   1 time: Chapter 23,Simple Reproduction
   4 times: Chapter 24, Conversion of Surplus Value into Capital

CLICK ON BELOW for "alienat*":

http://csf.colorado.edu/cgi-bin/aglimpse-campbel/28?query=alienat&case=on&whole=on&maxfiles=100&maxlines=20&errors=0

Paul

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka