[OPE-L:2619] Re: slaves and value

From: Patrick L. Mason (pmason@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 09:36:26 EST

There is no obvious reason that workers have to be free in order to add
value. As Alfredo suggests, enslaved workers in Brazil and the US created
lots of value and surplus value. In fact, one might reasonably argue that
enslavement is the ultimate form for commodifying the labor process (by
making the worker a commodity).

peace, patrick l mason