[OPE-L:3396] RE: equalisation of profit rates

From: Chai-on Lee (conlee@chonnam.ac.kr)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:08:15 EDT

Dear Paul,

In Capital 3 Chap. 21, Marx says, Interest Bearing Capital and Banking Capital do not enter into the formation of socially average profit. However, in computing the amount of social capital as a whole, I think their fixed capitals must be taken into account. Otherwise, what are they?

A problem is that if their fixed capitals are included, another socially average rate of profit must appear in distinction from the average rate of profit computed with banking capital excluded.
An interpretation of the double average rates of profit is needed.

With Regards,

Chai-on