[OPE-L:3420] Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: equalisation of profit rates

From: Patrick L. Mason (pmason@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 11:30:20 EDT

The public roads and the fixed capital of the financial sector represent
unproductive expenditures, that is expenditures from the surplus value
produced by productive laborers. During the years of their construction,
their cost should be included as part of the total economic surplus. After
their construction, their maintenance costs should be included as part of
the annual surplus. However, I restrict measures of the capital stock only
to capital invested in productive activity. This raises an interesting
issue then since productive capital will be less than the economy's ability
to produce goods and services.

peace, patrick