[OPE-L:3447] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: objectivity of value

From: Steve Keen (stevekeen10@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 05:43:48 EDT

No proof at all Paul: no-one that I know has tried to do the numbers
empirically.

But let's not be too selective in our quotes from Marx. The very next
sentence after the footnote you cited is the following:

"But on the other hand, in every process of creating value, the reduction of
skilled labour to average social labour, e.g., one day of skilled to six
days of unskilled labour, is unavoidable."

I think in comparison to a ratio of 6, a ratio of 1.2 to 1 derived from
Sweezy's procedure does qualify as "pitiful".

Steve