[OPE-L:3467] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: measurement of value

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@Princeton.EDU)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 10:09:18 EDT

Re Ajit's 3465
>Furthermore, I think it is simply wrong to think in terms of whether a
>unit of a
>particular commodity is been sold or not. Let's say 100 tons of steel was
>produced. 95 tons were sold and 5 tons were added to the inventory. What is the
>serious theoretical problem in following the usual practice of counting the
>inventories as sold by the enterprise to itself? Cheers, ajit sinha

Then anything which has been produced but not sold on the market becomes a
form of value production, in particular government orders. This procedure
would erase the distinction between production and capitalist production
and thereby undercut the theory of the limits of the mixed economy. At any
rate, inventories are superposed commodities which have not yet been
collapsed.

Yours, Rakesh