[OPE-L:3519] Aristotle

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@Princeton.EDU)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 13:36:11 EDT

the fetishism of money-- viz. deriving its attributes from its metallic
content, instead of its specifically equivalent form which is indeed
sufficiently 'causal' that a metallic substratum is not even needed to have
taken on that form, shape or gestalt...but Marx could not go entertain the
possibility of pure form....
_________
Just to emend my point. However to the extent that Marx derived the
attributes of money from its form, instead of its metallic content, we can
say that he laid the groundwork to understand money in non metallic terms.

Yours, Rakesh