[OPE-L:3524] Re: Historical materialsm

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 04:54:35 EDT

At 12:22 19/06/00 -0400, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:
>Marxian theory depends neither on philosophical materialism nor atomism.

This is a highly contentious position.

It is directly a variance with the German Ideology, which defends an explictly
materialist view of history in opposition to idealist views. As does the
summary
in the Preface to the critique of political economy, which again states that
the guiding principle of Marxs investigations is the materialist view of
history: