[OPE-L:3545] RE: money-capital as initial givens

From: A.B.Trigg@open.ac.uk
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 18:12:29 EDT

Fred.
This seems to me like a very accurate and well articulated summary of the
monetary circuit. A couple of questions: If money is the driving force
then would you agree that capitalists can use credit to initiate the circuit
without drawing from existing stocks of surplus value? Since, that is, it
is a monetary production economy and not a corn economy in which all there
is to invest is the previous periods surplus. Would you agree, therefore,
with Kalecki's argument that capitalists earn what they spend rather than
spend what they earn?

I would also very much like to see a copy of your 'new solution' paper.

Cheers.

Andrew (Trigg)