[OPE-L:3584] Call for papers: 2001 mini-conference on Value Theory at the EEA

From: Alan Freeman (a.freeman@greenwich.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 07:02:43 EDT

Apologies for cross-posting
                       CALL FOR PAPERS
                       ===============
    YEAR 2001 MINI-CONFERENCE ON VALUE THEORY AND THE WORLD ECONOMY
        Crowne Plaza Hotel, Manhattan, February 23-25th 2001

Dear friend

We invite you to the eighth mini-conference of the International Working
Group on Value Theory (IWGVT), to be held as part of the Eastern Economic
Association (EEA) conference. Papers relating to the conference aims which
address the IWGVT's interests are welcome. A summary of these, and full
instructions on paper submissions including our scholarship guidelines, is
attached and can also be obtained from www.greenwich.ac.uk/~fa03/iwgvt/2001

The 2001 conference will be substantially different in form

   *The conference specifically invites contributions on the state
    of the world economy.

   *The conference actively encourages contributions which, though
    dealing with questions in political economy, come from disciplines
    formally outside of economics such as history, philosophy,
    geography or sociology.

To provide for in-depth analysis, contributors should address the
conceptual, theoretical and methodological issues which underpin their work.

Abstracts of individual papers are welcome from August 1st onwards. The
final deadline for abstracts is December 1st. The final deadline for
completed papers is February 1st

To foster pluralistic and critical dialogue, papers should conform to IWGVT
scholarship guidelines.

To contact us

For further information e-mail us at a.freeman@greenwich.ac.uk, or consult
our website at www.greenwich.ac.uk/~fa03/iwgvt, which also contains past