[OPE-L:3598] Bernice Shoul on breakdown

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@Princeton.EDU)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 02:28:10 EDT

A few months ago, Jerry informed us of Bernice Shoul's Radcliffe
dissertation The Marxian Theory of Capitalist Breakdown. The library here
wouldn't cover the cost--I was just informed. I think Shoul's piece on
Marx's treatment of Say's Law is quite illuminating, so I am imagining
there might be some real gems in this April 1947 dissertation--plus, the
obviously Grossmann inspired title has whetted my appetite. David Yaffe
referred to Shoul's published articles but not this dissertation. Has
anyone read it? It'll cost me $81 to order. I have never noted a reference
to this dissertation before, but then if it is being ignored for the same
reason Grossmann's wert-preis piece fails to receive mention in the ongoing
transformation sweepstakes, then I surely want to read it.
Yours, Rakesh