[OPE-L:3610] Re: Re: Re: constant capital and variable capital

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 11:51:31 EDT

Fred,

I'm so far out of understanding your point that I don't even understand
what I don't understand. When Marx ASSUMES price-value equivalence in
Volume 1 there is no mileage to be gotten out of reproducing quotes like

"the VALUE of the commodity IS x SHILLINGS."

It seems to me you have to go to the transformation problem to demonstrate
whatever it is you are attempting. Otherwise, you can be accused of being
"on the surface of bourgeois society [in which] the wage of the laborer
appears as the price of labor, a certain quantity of money that is paid
for a certain quantity of labor" (first sentence of Part on "Wages"). But
this is not you. So, I'm out of the loop of knowing what is going on.

Paul

Paul Zarembka, editor, RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka