[OPE-L:3733] Re: Re: Re: definition of constant capital

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 15:08:56 EDT

First off, sorry, Fred for the tone of my posting. I never got your OPE
message where you acknowledged substituting "money" for "capital" in
Marx's text:

<You are right. Marx said the "capital that is turned into means of
<production." But capital has been defined as money, and what else is
<turned into, or exchanged for, means of production besides money?

I had presumed that your subsequent message was answering me by changing
the question (to which I wanted to bring you back to my observation).

If I have had received only the above, I would not have had something to
reply to, as I don't context that there is a circuit involved in the
realization of the production of surplus value.

Cannot we stay on p. 317 longer? You were correct to be reading that page
as that is where constant capital is defined.

Paul

Paul Zarembka, on OS/2 and supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
********************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka