[OPE-L:3806] Re: Re: surplus value and transferrred value

From: Fred B. Moseley (fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 23:59:42 EDT

Hi Ajit,

Thanks for your clarification in (3792) of your equations in (3775), which
does help. With these corrections, I am happy to say that I agree that
your equations down through the equations of prices of production are
indeed accurate representations of my interpretation of Marx's theory.

But from there on is where we disagree. As I have noted before, Marx's
prices of production are determined completely independently of physical
quantities and unit prices. You go on to determine the unit prices of the
outputs (which you mistakenly called prices of production in 3775), and
from these unit prices you derived the quantities of inputs, and conclude
that this "derived technology" depends on m.

Would you please explain further how you conclude that this "derived
technology" depends on m? Please remember that, Marx assumed that, if m
changes, then all monetary variables, including the inputs of constant
capital and variable capital will change proportionally. (C.III: 236 and
238; TSV.II: 203; and MECW.33: 106)

Thanks in advance. I look forward to continued discussion, which despite
its difficulties, I think is making progress. Thanks for sticking with
it.

Comradely,
Fred