[OPE-L:3855] Re: Re: Rational expectations Marxism

From: Steve Keen (s.keen@uws.edu.au)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 17:34:24 EDT

Not so Andrew,

You ingored the entire issue of my argument that, contrary to your
assertion that Marx took labor as the source of value as a premise, Marx
tried *unsuccessfully* to derive this proposition from his dialectical
analysis of the commodity.

Your first response to me included a reference which raised issues about
input-output matrices, plus a number of other subjects, none of which
related to my analysis of Marx's dialectics. Part of my response to you
made an aside about the IO issue, and you then began a discussion on that.
You have never joined issue with me over dialectics and the derivation of
the labor thoery of value.

Steve
At 03:44 PM 9/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
>A response to OPE-L 3853,
>
>Steve Keen wrote:
>
>"When you read it, you'll realise why I was so annoyed when Andrew tried
>to cast me as a "cardboard cutout Sraffian" when I attempted to debate my
>dialectical interpretation of Marx with him."
>
>I said nothing about him. I responded strictly to his arguments, which
>spoke for themselves, which I characterized as physicalist (not
>Sraffian), and which he finally conceded were incoherent.
>

>Andrew Kliman

Dr. Steve Keen
Senior Lecturer
Economics & Finance