[OPE-L:3889] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marxists AND Sraffians Misinterpreting Sraffa

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@Princeton.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 10:42:34 EDT

Oh, Andrew,
perhaps it's best that you forget my failed metaphor. I clearly collapsed
both the ontogenetic nature of development (increase in structural
complexity) with the evolutionary possibilities in development
(continuously new heritable variation). The first was meant as a critique
of preformation; the latter as a critique of typological thinking. What
this all has to do with economic thinking I do not know!
All the best, Rakesh