[OPE-L:4577] Part of My Confusion on the Transformation

From: John Ernst (ernst@pipeline.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 01:06:13 EST

One of the things I don't get is how the usual way of correcting
Marx's transformation procedure applies when we assume that
fixed capital  is *really* present.   Here are a couple of things
I don't get.

1.  Is the rate of profit or the RRI equal in all sectors after the
transformation?

2.  How do you compute the values that are to be transformed from a given
    set of physical quantities?

I suppose the underlying confusion is my lack of understanding how much of
what
is said about the transformation problem can be extended to an economy in
which fixed capital is *really* present.   I'll skip any thoughts about moral
depreciation for now as that brings in still more issues.

John