[OPE-L:4622] David Yaffe on Ricardo and Marx

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 12:29:05 EST

David,

How do you reconcile the fact that Marx has a high regard for the work of
N. Sieber (who wrote a book published in Russian in 1871 which Marx read
and recommended highly; he also wrote articles in the 1870s on Marx's
theories) even as Sieber explicitly wrote (and Marx read) that Marx was
following in Ricardo's footsteps?  In other words, if Sieber was wrong,
why did Marx praise Sieber's work and why didn't Marx correct Sieber?

Paul Z.

Paul Zarembka, editor, RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
********************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka