[OPE-L:5112] Sraffa Symposium Cancelled

From: Mongiovi Gary (mongiovg@stjohns.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 15:19:10 EST

Well, the best laid plans etc.  I'm sorry to say that Professor Garegnani
has come down with a bad case of the flu and is unable to travel, so the
symposium scheduled for Wednesday afternoon has been cancelled. Pierangelo
talls me he may visit New York later in the Spring, and I hope then that
students who expressed an interest in meeting him will be able to do so at
that time.

Antonella Palumbo, of the University of Rome, however will be in New York,
and I am trying to arrange for her to make a seminar presentation at the
Graduate Faculty in the next few days.  Details on this will follow as they
become available, but it is likely to be rather short notice.

I'm sorry this didn't work out.

Gary Mongiovi