[OPE-L:5173] Re: Re: Re: waste, value, and potential

From: paul bullock (paulbullock@ebms-ltd.in2home.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 04:16:30 EST

Rakesh,

Yes, case by case indeed, but it seems pretty evident that the same road can
be used as part of the reproduction process generally and/or for private
(revenue) final - non capitalistic -  use, as i said before. Neverthless,
even this argument cannot evade the fact that surplus labour is extorted in
the building of roads, railways etc  and I see this labour process as all
productive.... otherwise we will be denying that all final consumption goods
production not aimed at reproducing constant or variable capital is
unproductive ( eg luxury good production) and this is clearly  contrary to
Marx.

Paul B