[OPE-L:5198] Re: Re: Re: Re: use-value as qualitative

From: Steve Keen (s.keen@uws.edu.au)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 21:41:31 EST

Well let's stick to a topic worthy of discussion then. What is your take on
the statement that "exchange-value and use-value [are] intrinsically
incommensurable magnitudes". Do you accept that as at least prima facie
evidence that in some instances Marx did contemplate that use-value could
be quantitative?

Cheers,
Steve
PS I know you do actually engage me on this Jerry, and I appreciate that--I
was just a bit taken aback at how this particular instance of engagement began.

Dr. Steve Keen
Senior Lecturer
Economics & Finance
Campbelltown, Building 11 Room 30,